SMC Alumni Pakistan History
Sindh Medical College Alumni (Pak) was formed by a group of SMCians who are also the founding members and trustees.
The aim was to form the
- Brotherhood of SMCians all over the country.
- To help SMCians in acquiring different postgraduates training slots.
- Up gradation of existing academic and teaching basic and clinical facilities
- Up gradation of college infrastructure
- Keep a liaison with SMCAANA
A brief resume of activities of the Sindh Medical College Alumni Pakistan since its inception
- Guest faculty lectures
- Winter meetings in collaboration with SMCAANA for the last 05 years
- Has consolidated the weak link between JPMC and SMC
- Has convinced DUHS to pay faculty of JPMC for lectures and clinical training
- Is working with SMCAANA to form a Sindh Medical University
- Have distributed medals to best graduates.
- To improve the image of our alma mater and alumnus.
The founding members and trustees are:
- Prof. Altaf Hashmi
- Dr. Qaiser Sajjad
- Dr. Babar Saeed khan
- Prof. Nusrat Anees
- Dr. Nighat Qadri
- Dr. Shahab ullah Khan
- Dr. Asghar Mehdi
- Dr. Farooq Sattar
- Dr. Saeed Akhter
- Dr. Naushad Shaikh was the first patron of SMC Alumni Pakistan
- Dr. Sameer Qureshi is the coordinator of SMC Alumni Pakistan and runs the day to day activities of Alumni.
- Dr. Farooq Sattar : Despite all his commitments the person who has always given his sweat and blood to the alumni and Sindh Medical College, he leaves behind all his commitments and picks up the issues of the Alumni and college as top priority.
- Prof. Saeed Akhtar: best graduate of SMC,1983
- Dr. Irfan: our flag bearer in the college.
- Dr. Majid Rana
- Dr. Ahmed Shareef
- Dr. Imtiaz A. Siddiqui
- Dr. Zareen Fasih
- Dr. Rubina Ahmed
- Dr. Shahid Sami
- Dr. Musarat Hussain
- Dr. Abu Talib
- Dr. Seeme Hirjee
- Dr. Humayun Bashir
- Dr. Azam Khan
- Dr. Muhammad Usman
- Dr. Hamid Zaki
- Dr. Ghazala
- Dr. Najam Shabbir
- Dr. Zakir Alvi
- Dr. Lubna Ali
- Dr. Amtul
- Dr. Amna Bano Jamali
- Dr. A. R. Jamali
- Dr. Aneesuddin Bhatti
- Dr. Mansoor